Evaluations are necessary to determine if a delay/disorder is present. An evaluation will also reveal the degree of the delay/disorder. Formal and informal testing can be done in specific areas depending on which kind of therapy is best for the individual. The results that are obtained from testing help us to determine appropriate goals for treatment if warranted. Evaluation results also give us a baseline of skills for setting goals and a way to measure the child’s progress.
- Speech and Language Therapy - Evaluations assess receptive and expressive language, articulation, basic concepts, vocabulary, and pragmatic language skills.
- Occupational Therapy - Evaluations assess sensory processing, fine motor skills, visual motor/perceptual skills, and activities of daily living.
- Physical Therapy - Evaluations assess gross motor skills, ambulation, endurance, reflexes and coordination.
- Feeding Therapy - Evaluations assess oral motor, swallowing, sensory, and behavioral skills related to feeding.
- Behavioral Therapy- Evaluations assess potential causes of problematic behavior and identify specific skill deficits that may be contributing to unsafe or difficult behavior.
Individual and Group Treatment
Based on the needs of individual patients, recommendations will be made for treatment. Most patients who present with a delay/disorder will receive a recommendation for individual treatment, however, there are some patients who will benefit from group therapy only or in addition to individual treatment. At Jones Therapy Services, families are an integral part of the treatment process. Our clients and families can expect to be actively involved in therapy and given valuable information on how to facilitate carryover of targeted goals in the home and community environments.
Consultations and Screenings
For anyone who may be unsure about whether or not an evaluation is needed or who may simply want to know more about how Jones Therapy Services can help them, we offer consultations and screenings. We also offer screenings at preschools, daycares, and other settings.
School In-services and Classroom Trainings
Our qualified therapists are available to provide informative in-services and training for daycare, preschool, and school staff members and teachers. These in-services and training can be customized to fit the needs of the audience whether it is training on a certain topic or advice and guidance on working with a specific student.
Auditory Verbal Therapy Mentoring and Consulting
Ginger Jones is a Certified Auditory-Verbal Therapist and provides mentoring and coaching to other professionals pursuing the certification.
We offer language-based academic tutoring to children who need additional support with schoolwork and concepts. These services are available year round.
Telehealth Treatment Sessions
For families who would like to take advantage of our services, but have to travel significant distances we offer treatment sessions via webcam or Skype. Depending on your insurance provider, these services may or may not be a covered benefit.